College Readiness and Completion
The Scheidel Foundation is interested in supporting organizations and programs that help students get on track and persist to earn a bachelor’s degree, associate degree, or certificate from an accredited institution of higher education.
Examples of services the Foundation will support include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Exploration of college major and career possibilities
- College goal setting and action planning
- Helping students find “best fit” colleges (meets the students’ needs and wants academically, socially, and financially)
- College test prep
- Development of non-cognitive skills and mindset for college success
- College awareness and visits
- Assistance to navigate college and financial aid applications and enrollment logistics
- Financial skills to prepare for college
- Academic support in order to avoid the need for developmental courses and to get into/stay in college
- Help for transition/adjustment to college
- Support and guidance on personal and academic challenges while on the college path
- Support and guidance for career transitions
- While the organization may also offer scholarships, the Scheidel Foundation’s focus for grants is on college readiness and completion services.
- Though wrap-around and complimentary supports may be offered (examples: health/wellness, family services, academic tutoring, financial literacy, leadership/character development, etc.) the Foundation is interested in programs in which these are secondary to the college focus.